Refunds and cancellations are subject to certain conditions. Please read carefully to understand our policies.
Requesting a refund
To request a refund for any reason, you must make your request within 7 days of delivery.
Please let us know as soon as possible if your order—
- Is missing items that you were charged for on the final receipt
- Contains damaged, spoiled, or otherwise unusable items.
Refunds are processed immediately, but it may take 5-10 business days to see the funds in your bank or credit card account, depending on your bank. You won't see refunds in your Instacart account.
You can see any Instacart credits in the Credits, promos & gift cards section of your Instacart account. Credits will automatically apply during checkout on your next order.
Refunds usually hit your bank or credit card account within 5-10 business days.
If you request a refund within 24 hours of receiving your order, you may receive a same-day refund. Same-day refunds don’t appear as separate line items in your bank or credit card statement. Instead, you’ll see an adjustment to the original charge.
For example, if you place a $50 order and receive a same-day refund of $10, the original $50 charge in your statement changes to $40. If you receive a same-day refund for the entire order total, the original charge disappears from your statement.
To check if you received a same-day refund—
- Open your digital receipt.
- Scroll to the Charges section at the bottom of your digital receipt.
- Original Charge shows what Instacart charged you when your order completed.
- Refund for order issue shows any refunds that Instacart processed after your order completed.
- Total Charged shows your final order total, including any refunds applied after your order completed.
- Open your bank or credit card statement and find the original charge you received.
- If you received a same-day refund for your entire order total, the original charge should no longer appear in your statement.
- If you received a same-day refund for part of your order, the original charge in your statement should match the Total Charged from your digital receipt.
If you don’t see your refund after 5-10 business days, and you have confirmed that you didn’t receive a same-day refund, contact Instacart Customer Experience for further assistance.
You have the option of taking the item back to the store with your digital Instacart receipt. The return will be subject to the store’s return policies, which vary by retailer.
Cancelling an order
You can cancel an order for a full refund without any additional fees at any time before a shopper begins shopping.
The process is simple on a browser or in the app—
- Select Profile in the upper left-hand corner
- Choose Your Orders
- Select the order you’d like to cancel
- On the Order page, select Cancel order
When you cancel an order during the shopping or delivery processes, you may be charged a cancellation fee of up to $15. To cancel after shopping has begun, reach out to Instacart Customer Experience by selecting Contact Us at the bottom of any article.